1. Demographic variables commonly used for segment are.
Age and stage of life cycle; Gender; marital status.
2. A push strategy is a must for high involvement products.
3. This concept is extremely useful when devising a pricing and value communication strategy.
4. The conditions under which the market penetration pricing strategy may work are?
product is not truly innovative, upgrade version of an existing product, large proved market for the product and several competitors are waiting in the wings to launch their versions of the product.
part time employees
6. Physical evidence
7. When the brands need to be repositioned it is not necessary for marketing mix elements to undergo a change.
8. Decision to buy a component
9. Gives an idea of a product or service Initiator Need of extensive education & assistance
Extensive problem solving
10. Pester power
11. Push Strategy
Me too Products
12. Channel conflict
13. Pull strategy
Differentiated image products
14. Channel power
Control behaviour of channel members
15. Automobile manufacturer
degree of globalization
16. Oil, steel, cement
17. Monopolistic competence
18. Markets by locations, regions, city size and climatic conditions
19. Commodities markets are examples of ……….
The consumer decides to acquire the innovation and make regular use of the product.
21. The external environment of an organization can be analyzed by conducting a P.E.S.T analysis Core competence does not diminish with use.
22. It is the driving force within individuals that impels them to action
23. The goal of ……………….. is to better understand the threats and opportunities created by the variables and how strategic plans need to be adjusted so the firm can-obtain and retain competitive advantage
24. It is attitudes toward right and wrong.
25. It is possible that thebrand may have gone into decline even though the product category is in the growth phase.
26. consolidation is brought about by ……..
27. Various survey and statistical techniques are
multi dimensional scaling,factor analysis,conjoint analysis
28. Which of the following Is the level at which the products primary characteristics operate
29. ……….. it is the art of asking consumers if they would like to receive a targeted e-mail ad, promotion or message before it appears in their inbox.
30. Factors stated can be used as checks to understand the price competitiveness of the industry are.
cost structure, product perish ability, number and diversity of competitor
31. business cycle indirectly influences consumer spending
32. To the customer, everything that a company, promises, does and does not do is the product.
33. …….. include a detailed operational review of each functional area
34. it involves falsifying a part of the question or the entire questionnaire
35. demand is when there is a substantial change in the quantity demanded resulting from a price increase or decrease
36. The three components of a products positioning strategy are.
The target market.
The benefit to be communicated.
Point of differentiation vis-a-vis competitors.
37. which of the following means performing or having control over the performance of many activities related to an existing product, inhouse
integrative vertical growth
38. Marketer needs to think through five different levels of the product
39. the prevailing way of doing business with consumers was through ………
40. the is the most critical to achieving the company’s strategic goals.
41. intrinsic qualities of an individual are
motivations, personality, perceptions
42. A ……. is an external stimulus that directs consumer drives towards specific products, when they are consistent with consumer expectations.
43. When a consumer purchases a product for the first time and buys a small quantity, this purchase is called
44. The basic objective of â€¦â€¦â€¦.. research is to provide insights and understanding
45. It is The degree to which potential consumers feel a new product is consistent with their needs, values and practices
46. Niche markets are very profitable segments despite their size.
47. Brands serve to reduce the risks in product decisions.
48. If the service is not delivered right the first time then companies must provide for effective service ……….
49. What are the stages in new product development?
Idea screening , Market testing , Commercialisation
50. Between the two levels of market minimum and market potential exists the opportunity for the company to stimulate the market demand
51. Intensive distribution is a type of distribution aimed at maximum market coverage
52. It is a measure of the leverage between a firm’s sales volume and its profit
percentage contribution margin
53. Market Research specific to marketing communications is a vital element of developing a communications plan.
54. This means that services are simultaneously produced and consumed and cannot be inventoried
55. …….. are new product offerings in existing categories
New product lines
56. which of the following refers to the degree to which a new product is capable of being tried on a limited basis
57. What are the different types of Vertical Marketing Systems
Corporate, b) Administered, c) Contractual
58. Major reason for success for new product is ……… Product
59. The trend of Non-Branch-Service Delivery in banking started with the growing popularity of ……….
electronic fund transfer
60. BASES FOR market SEGMENTATION
geographic, demographic, psychological
study of an individual
62. social psychology
study of how an individual operates in groups
influence of society on groups
study of groups
Personal Selling is direct personal contact between a sales representative and one or more prospective buyers, to influence the buyer in a purchase situation
65. ……….. can thus also be molded or influenced by marketers through repetitive exposure.
66. mass marketing has still its relevance in underdeveloped and developing economies
67. It is a narrowly defined group of customers seeking a highly distinctive and unique solution
68. following are the types of conclusive research
survey research, behavioural data, experimental
69. Market with significant market share are called ………. Market
70. In this stage The consumer is stimulated to seek information about the innovation
71. ……… is a service firm sponsored retailer franchise
72. Nokia alliance with hcl infosystems is an example of
Horizontal Marketing Systems
73. the challenges that companies face in the early growth stage are different from the challenges that companies face in the latter part of the growth stage
74. Related ……… means an entry into product markets, where there are synergies With existing businesses
75. Two countries with the same per capita income levels may have dramatically different distributions of income
76. personal selling positions the brand at the desired slot in the consumer’s mind
77. ………. are usually higher estimates of sales forecasts
78. characteristics of conclusive research are
79. It is only companies that aim to achieve a strategic position in the industry that can create sustainable product differentiation